Blog Post 3 Prompt – Analyze a Speech
Due date: Friday, March 13th to our course blog by 5 p.m.
*Note: for this blog post, you may take through the end of the weekend if you would like. After Sunday night, no blog posts will be accepted.
Today in class, we will analyze several speeches together, thinking about how speakers develop their ethos, how they organize material, how they present information, and how they engage with their audience. Some of our LDAs have also already encouraged us to analyze speeches productively. For this third blog post, you will conduct your own rhetorical analysis of any speech of your choosing. It can be a TED talk, a public apology, a speech by a president or public figure, a graduation speech, etc. etc. Anything that interests you!
For your blog post, please complete the following:
1) Paste a link to your speech at the top of your blog post.
2) Conduct a rhetorical analysis of the speech based on course concepts.
- Upload a relevant image and insert a title
- Respond to each question in full
- Be free of grammar/spelling errors and composed in a professional tone
- Be thorough yet concise, 300-400 words total